Every year I participate in One Little Word – basically you chose a word as your focus or mantra or goal for the entire year. I usually start thinking about it around New Years and choose my word by the first week or so of the year. But this year I kept putting it off because I was just overwhelmed – I spent the time between Christmas and New Years sick and overwhelmed with all those things I wanted to have finished before the year was over but had just… kept putting off.
So when I thought about all those things I didn’t check off my year-long to-do list and all those things I kept saying I needed to finish but never actually got around to I thought my word for 2024 should have something to do with motivation or achievement or completion but didn’t really like any of those words. But I knew it needed to be along the lines of getting stuff done that I’d been putting off, the main thing being finishing my MA thesis. I just needed to sit down and DO IT. And there it was.
There’s honestly so much on my plate and I’m overwhelmed and stuck at the just getting started stage. I’m struggling to take that first step to getting it done and not everything is super difficult or time consuming… I just need to do it and get it over with.
So this year is about stepping up and getting started and checking things off that more long-term to-do list. In order to get all those things done I just need to DO IT.
And now onto some goals:
- Menu plan weekly
- Cook more regularly, goal 5x a week
- Bake 1-2x a week, including bread 1x a week
- Monthly purge – keep going til there’s more space than stuff
- Keep up with the monthly deep-clean list
- Groom weekly
- Color hair every 3 weeks
- Complete Reiki course
- Morning ritual + meditate + journal daily
- Intention ritual weekly
- Esbat ritual monthly
- Celebrate Sabbats
- Finish MA thesis
- Drop 80lbs
- Weekly “make stuff” goal:
- Color 6 images – 2 per session 3x a week
- 4 cards – 2 Christmas Card Challenge + 2 anything goes
- 1 Layout – 4 layouts a month for the 2×5 Collection Kit Challenge
- Monthly “make stuff” goal:
- monthly PLife spread x4 (family album + kids album x3)
- Memory Planner (monthly spread + weekly spreads)
- 1 card kit
- 1 layout kit
- General “make stuff” goal:
- Work backwards with Memory Planners for previous years
- Work through all the classes I signed up for and never did anything with
- Weekly website updates
- Check in on blog every other day
- Try to do 1 craft fair every quarter
- 2×5 Collection Kit Challenge – Each month-ish I pick a collection kit + whatever coordinating embellishments I can find + coordinating cardstock and try to make 2 each of 5 different projects: 2-page layouts, 1-page layouts, cards, tags, and pocket cards
- Christmas Card Challenge – Try to complete 2 Christmas cards a week for a total of 104. Cards must be different layouts – I can’t make 2 of the same card and count both of them
I’m excited to get going on this all… taking those first steps to getting stuff done and just suck it up and DO IT.
lovies, =o) kel